I hail from the land of sun and beaches – Goa! But that is not all that my homeland can offer. It is a land where people love to eat fish! And this dish, similar to prawns cutlet, is said to be one of Goan specialties Easy and quick to make, it filly the tummy and leaves a lingering sensation on the tongue. It can be eaten as a light supper meal or even as a snack!
- 1 cup of small prawns – cleaned
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup grated coconut
- ¼ tsp haldi
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 2 finely chopped green chillies
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp besan (gram flour)
- Finely chopped coriander for garnishing
- Salt to taste
- Suji rawa to dip
- Oil to fry
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Simultaneously keep a frying pan on the stove, add little oil and let it heat up.
- Make desirable sized cutlets from the prepared mixture.
- Dip in suji rawa and shallow fry on the pan till brown.
- Instead of prawns, you could also add tuna, mackerel or any other fish, thoroughly cleaned and finely chopped.
- It can also be served with tamarind chutney or mayonnaise
If you love Goan food you might want to visit some unexplored tourist places there !